This past year, Tag Heuer has made it’s place in watchmaking history. And they did this not only by creating a smartwatch but also by taking their brand under a complete cultural change in efforts to focus to connecting to a younger generation while maintain the values of Jack Heuer.
The milestones they’ve set are seen in the grand design of the Tag Heuer Connected, the first “luxury” smartwatch to hit the market. Along with partnering with Google and Intel, it also brags the first smartwatch with an Intel chip inside.
The Tag Heuer Connected is powered with an Intel Atom Z34XX processor. It’s a man-sized watch —measuring 46mm. And because it’s composed of grade 2 titanium, it wears extremely comfortably, weighing only 52g. And in favor of something more luxurious, it’s covered in crystal sapphire unlike it’s glass cased competitors. To create a sporty look, it comes with a black rubber strap, with other colors available for purchase.
The idea behind the Tag Heuer Connected was to build a luxury smartwatch that didn’t actually look like a smartwatch. To meet your style needs, it boasts 3 different interfaces to choose from: black, deep blue, and pearl white, with each face representing the classic mechanical look of Tag Heuer. It features details from their mechanical watches such as the sleek, signature hands and strong, angular numerals to tell the time. Overall, it creates a gentlemanly that is wearable for almost all occasions, and the rubber strap adds ruggedness that makes this watch even more desirable.
Diameter: 46 mm
Thickness: 12.8 mm
Weight: 52 gm
Titanium Grade 2 case including:
- Horizontal and vertical fine-brushed titanium lugs
- 3D-raised and fine-brushed numerals
- “TAG Heuer Connected“ lettering engraved with silver lacquer
- Black, sandblasted, carbide-coated titanium bezel with anti-fingerprint coating
- Titanium single push-button with black, carbide-coated line fine-brushed and raised with TAG Heuer shield
- IP67 splash-proof water resistance
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal
- 1.5in fully circular transflective LTPS LCD display
- Touch on Display supporting multiple finger recognition
- Screen resolution: 360×360, 240ppi
- Weight: 29 gm
- Vulcanized rubber strap with grade 2 titanium folding clasp and safety push-buttons.
Seven Strap colors: green, blue, orange, red, white, black, yellow.
410mAh battery (minimum 25 hours battery life, based on typical usage)
1.6GHz dual core processor (500mHz normal operation speed)
1GB main memory – 4GB storage memory
Gyroscope, tilt detection sensor, microphone, haptic engine
Android 4.3+ / iOS 8.2+
Bluetooth BLE 4.1 – WLAN 2.4 GHz 802.11 B/G/N
Conductive charging cradle with USB cable and wall plug
So what do you think of the Tag Heuer connected? Leave your thoughts in a comment below!